Saturday, December 30, 2023

Update 12/30/23 - How I am doing . . .

. . . I was asked twice how I was doing after my last update, so I thought I would focus this post on how I am doing.

My weight seems to be holding steady at 155 pounds, or so. I have a decent appetite, even though I don't crave food that is necessarily good for me. I am trying to eat when the opportunities present themselves and I am feeling a bit hungry. 

My mental health is not so steady. I find myself fluctuating between relax and breathe and what more can I do to make things work more smoothly. Both are natural to me, but I am finding that the times and places for these are shifting a bit.

The biggest news on the mental health front was the revelation that my psychiatrist is retiring at the end of January. He and I go way back, and it will soon be ending with someone new taking his place. I am happy for my doctor, but I am a bit nervously apprehensive about changing the known for the unknown.

Physically, I am feeling some neuropathy in my fingers and toes. I am grateful for the break from chemotherapy. I imagine how differently things would be if I were hyper-sensitive to cold during this time of year. 

I seem to be more sensitive when it comes to noises and feelings coming from my gut area. I wonder if the cancer is taking advantage of the break, or if my body is still doing its job and stalling the growth. Ultimately, I know the answer, but it is in the short gains that I find solace these days.

Thank you for caring, and thanks to some of you for asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment