Friday, December 15, 2023

Update 12/15/23 - My prescriptions have doubled!

When I look back on my health, I have been blessed in that my body has regulated itself without the assistance of prescription medications that others in my family have not been able to avoid. 

Until this past week, and aside from the chemo prescriptions, I have been prescribed 10 mg of Atorvastatin to combat my slightly high cholesterol readings. Now, I am also prescribed Zarelto to combat the possible side effect of blood clotting due to a narrowing of a vein in my stomach area.

That's it. I also was on Metformin when they thought my pancreatic cancer was diabetes, but it wasn't. (I also get a shot every 30 days to deal with my psychiatric issues.)

I truly have been blessed with good health throughout my life, as proven by the few prescriptions I have for a person who is 65 and has cancer. 

It will be interesting to see if the good attitude holds up as the news gets worse, which it inevitably will with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment